Saturday, July 2, 2011

high school

What a week.  I had eight high school campers for six days.  There were some awesome moments and some not so awesome moments but God was definitely at work.  This week was a humbling one as God reminded me that His work goes according to His plans and not mine.  I thought and prayed about having program staffers come share their stories with the girls before bed.  One of the staffers, Emily was on my heart for awhile and I asked her to come and share with the girls.  I sat back and watched as God did an amazing work.  At that point I hadn't felt connected with some of my girls.  They instantly connected with her though, asking amazing questions and staying riveted on her every word.  As much as I wanted to connect with them myself, that wish was about me and not about what God had planned for those campers.  It was incredibly humbling that she got through so much more quickly than I did, but its not about that.  Its about that they learned about Christ in that process.  These girls have so much brokenness in their lives yet they want to understand who God is.  We enjoyed some awesome worship, a great evening speaker, and some great moments. (sucking helium from balloons together, winning cleanest cabin- the infamous silver plunger, random talks and laughs, and an awesome time at the ropes course.)  Getting the girls up to do anything was always a challenge- they did not like me in those moments for sure.  I had to lay down the law with a few about star-tripping, and sometimes I felt like cabin times were completely pointless.  However, I hope and pray that my girls learned more about God and themselves this week.  This post doesn't really do the week justice at all, but its the best I can do for now.  I'm on program staff this coming week- small camp.  Prayer as always is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment